Presented by: Tom DeMarino
Time: 1900 (7PM), Tuesday, August 19th, approximately two hours
Place: Mt Adams Fish and Game Pistol Range
Cost: A contribution to the club’s general fund would be appreciated
- Know how to load and fire your weapon
- Know how to operate the safety mechanisms
- Have eye and ear protection
- Bring weapon and a box of shells
- If you carry concealed, best to learn wearing concealment garment (vest, shirt, coat)
- For most learning, bring a holster, strong side draw (right handed, right side, etc.)
- Arrive with weapon unloaded. Multiple magazines or speed loaders will be useful to speed up the process
- When should you present deadly force?
- What are the four safety rules?
- What is the method of learning good tactics?
- What are the safety rules on the range for this class?
- How should we practice?
- What is the difference between practice and the real thing?
The Range – What Will We Learn?
- Presenting the weapon (the draw)
- Self defense methods, movements
- The engagement, combat accuracy defined
- Clearing a room, house, or other structure
- Drills for practice
Objectives of the Course:
- Learn when to draw a weapon and when not to draw a weapon
- Learn appropriate methods for self defense with a weapon
- Learn how to improve your skills and measure that skill going forth
Please read Range Rules before attending