Active Self Protection YouTube channel
I highly recommend this YouTube channel. It is graphic as it contains security video footage of actual self defense encounters.
- http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2016/02/12-proven-concealed-carry-pistols-for-self-defense/#top-covert-1-beretta-nano I can vouch for the Berett Nano, Glock 42, Ruger LCP, S&W Shield, and Springfield Armory XD-S. Those are all great guns.
- https://youtu.be/XidX8UT7y9A?t=10m18s Top 10 Carry Guns as per “The Yankee Marshal” Link takes you to top two. Watching whole video is worthwhile.
- Why you might want to consider a high capacity gun https://youtu.be/zWQtV5RfQqc WARNING, GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Ruger LCP (The tiny pocket pistol.)
- Taurus TCP (Another tiny pocket pistol.)
- Sig Sauer P290rs (Bigger and more comfortable.)
- Glock 26 (Bigger but still comfortable and very concealable.)
- Glock 17 (Full size, very comfortable, but hard to conceal.)
- Beretta Neos (22lr ammo and long barrel. Strictly for target shooting.)
- Ruger Security Six (The revolver. A bit heavy for concealed carry.)
- Beretta 92G (Full size)
- SCCY CPX-2 (Economical subcompact)
- Ruber LCR (Subcompact Revolver)
- CZ 75 Ω (Full size)
- Beretta U22 Neos (22LR ammo)
- Rock Island Armory Tactical II 1911 (45 caliber, a classic)
- Glock 42 (soft shooter)
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield (Very popular single-stack subcompact)
- Springfield Armory XDs-9 4.0 (Great ergonomics)
- Canik TP9v2 (Full Size)
- Or search for gun belts and you’ll find lots more. Some look like normal, leather belts.
- http://appleseedinfo.org/ This is a must. Appleseed provides two very full days of rifle training. Everything you learn is transferrable to shooting a handgun. The cost is $60. This is the bargain of the century.
- I highly recommend going to an IDPA (not USPSA) event and at the very least go through their new shooting orientation and observe one day. When you get up the nerve, participate, go slowly, and just try not to get disqualified. (I got disqualified at my first event!) http://www.columbia-cascade.org/index.php/match-schedule/recurring-monthly-matches/
- http://tc-idpa.org/new-shooter/ gives a lot of good info about IDPA at Tri-County Defensive Pistol League.
- A great YouTube video showing someone’s first IDPA event https://youtu.be/qSe3viYwVcY
The safety officer should have called the range hot loud enough so that poor guy downrange could have heard him.
- 124 grain Speer Gold Dot +P
- Winchester Ranger-T 127 grain +P+, Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P, and Federal 9BPLE 115 grain +P+
- I’ve found the Winchester Ranger-T (and the SXT before it) 127 grain +P+ to hit so far above its weight class, that it has become my #1 favorite in 9mm for the last several years. (post by Massad Ayoob)
- 357 Magnum
- 38 Special
This is why it’s a good idea to count 30 seconds. (Oh, and always point a gun in a safe direction too.)
- 5 Things Every Reasonable Gun Owner Ought To Know
By Marc J. Victor
February 13, 2016